The Perfect Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s day is synonymous with hearts and flowers, chocolates and expensive dinners, but as I always say, tradition may not be what you want, tradition costs money and money doesn’t always make it perfect. As well as Christmas and New Year, is the perfect time for a proposal. So how can you create the perfect Valentine’s? Here are my tips for doing it different.
- Anyone loves to receive flowers, but to be honest, roses aren’t my thing and just because it’s valentine’s day doesn’t mean that roses are what I’m expecting. Roses are really expensive and the cost can increase around the Valentine’s holiday…it’s all about supply and demand. If you want buy flowers, get your partner’s favorite flowers. And who says they have to be in a bunch, make breakfast in bed and place a single flower of choice on the tray. Very romantic without the cost.
- Take a trip. Think Valentine’s and think Paris, Rome, New York. But why not take a trip to a place that means something to you both. The place you first met, the place you proposed if you’re already engaged, the place you grew up. Somewhere that’s your place.
- Out to dinner? I love going out for dinner, but what I love even more is when my husband cooks for me. He thinks about the menu and spends the day in the kitchen when I’m out at work, sets the table with candles. It makes me feel cared for and loved and these days you don’t have to be the best cook. With M&S dine in for two, who needs to know you can’t cook!
- Create a cocktail. What’s more romantic that mixing your loved one an elegant coctail. There is lots of inspiration out there but creating something yourself and naming it after your partner, making it yours…I love this idea…You can serve it at your wedding and drink it on anniversaries. Why not check out our Valentine’s themed Instagram month for ideas, lots of strawberries and fizz.
- Chocolates are a must? Boxes of chocolates are another Valentine’s staple but don’t think you have to get the obligatory Milk Tray. If chocolates are your thing why not check out Cherry Blossom Cakes white chocolate raspberry.
Although Valentine’s day is the annual day of love, it’s important to remember, don’t stop dating. Even if you are approaching your 20th anniversary of being together, buy flowers, surprise each other with gifts and most importantly, never stop saying I love you.
Happy Valentine’s Day
Love Rebecca xxx, wedding planner to the stars because, every bride is a star!